Feb 12, 2007

2006 TESOL Submissions

2006 教育法 課題

How to improve your English-1

2006春学期課題

What do you think you should do to improve your English?


My English hasn't improve[improved] as I thought it would. Even though I have studied it for about 6 years, it's difficult to speak it fluently. I often wonder why. However I found out the answer thanks to this class. In this way, I have learned lots of interesting things.

First of all, word order is [the] most important when it comes to writing English. I had never thought of the difference of the[in] word order between English and Japanese. For instance, the subjects and the objects are required when composing in English. It's impossible to translate Japanese directly. I found the answer in the paper [article]“The English expressions thought from Japanese”; we should compose[organize our thoughts] in Japanese first, and then translated [translate them] into English. If you do this, you would be able to clearly find the difference of word order between English and Japanese. I have never tried such a way when composing[writing] in English. I always wrote English without thinking in Japanese, but now I've decided to change my way of writing. I will think in Japanese first. Before writing it[?], I would think them[?] in Japanese.

Secondly, [mechanisms of] the brain has a close relation [are closely related] to learning foreign languages. I had never thought that the brain is [was] important when learning [a] language. I have heard that people can memorize five to nine words at a time. So I memorize [I'm memorizing (?)] at least five words every day. Now I enjoyed [I'm ejoying] memorizing [words], because I know how the brain works. It is said that practice is more important than reasoning in learning [a] language, but I think theory is also important. I'd like find out more about the relationship between the brain and language.

Finally, I'd like to say how I can father my studies in language study, [carry on my language study; ] I should memorize the words one by one, composing [writing in] English in addition to reading [English] aloud English. Since, [Because] I like American movies.[,] I can watch my favorite movies over and over. I would continue the repetition. I think I should continue repeating this method. P[p]racticing until I can use the words maturely and spontaneously.
2007/02/12 06:52

No comments:

Post a Comment